|Images of bulettes|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 39
Of all the beasts that populate the wilderness, few are as feared as the bulette. Known sometimes as landsharks, bulettes are sleek predators who move as fluidly through earth as those primeval eating machines move through water.
Ecology and habitat
Bulettes possess insatiable hunger and view anything that moves as food. They hunt constantly, and when their attention turns to new hunting grounds they feed until nothing remains. They are the stuff of nightmares, the bane of the wilderness—a brutal, savage monster whose ferocious majesty was not evolved, but intentionally crafted.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
Bulettes can be found throughout the Inner Sea region as far north as the Worldwound, where they eat both humans and demons. Their range also extends east into Tian Xia. They are most common in Rahadoum, Thuvia, Katapesh, Nex, Geb, and Varisia's Storval Plateau. Bulettes are also found to the east of the Inner Sea region across the vast Whistling Plains that lie to the east of Taldor and Galt and to the north of Qadira.
Bulettes are not found in the Mwangi Expanse for reasons unknown, especially since the area is sparsely populated and bulettes are known to hunt in swamps and marshlands. They are also less-commonly found along the heavily populated areas of the north and eastern shores of the Inner Sea.
The Hold of Belkzen is home to the Juggerloathe, a monstrous bulette sired by Yethazmari, the herald of Lamashtu, from a normal, if freakishly large, bulette. The creature resembles a towering, red-skinned bulette with a cobra's body for a tail.
Bulettes are often tamed by kobolds to aid in tunneling and mining, as well as to serve as powerful attack creatures in raids on enemy settlements. These bulettes are primarily controlled through magic, although some are raised from the egg and trained to serve the kobold tribe.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 39. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- David Eitelbach & Hank Woon. (April 3, 2009). Snagged from the Vault: Dungeon Denizens Revisited, Paizo Blog.
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Bulette. Dungeon Denizens Revisited, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-172-5
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Tyler Beck, Jason Garrett, Alex Greenshields, and David Schwartz. (2014). Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, p. 62. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-710-9
- Tork Shaw, Mat Smith, and Jerome Virnich. (2013). Kobolds of Golarion, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-512-9