Valanni Krinst, assistant
Haldmeer Grobara was lord-mayor of Magnimar from 4700 AR1 until his mysterious death.
As one of the most powerful men in Magnimar, Grobaras was an arrogant, self-serving man who cared very little for the struggle of the people he ruled, as long as he was kept in comfort. In theory he must share power with the equally bloated Council of Ushers, but in reality he handles much of the immediate running of the city himself. Due to his general lack of interest in city affairs most of his decision are based on which side offers him the largest gift or bribe. Despite his portly appearance and foppish demeanor, Haldmeer Grobaras is a fearsome political opponent with a silver tongue and the wealth to back up his position. While officially the lord-mayor has to enforce any mandate passed on from the Council of Ushers, Haldmeer rarely does. He is more interested in seeing that his personal mandates, which do not have to be approved by the council, are enforced.3
Grobaras dwelled in the Vista neighborhood mansion of Defiant's Garden, the city's largest house,4 right above the Sczarni camp of the Gallowed.5
Tenure and death
Grobaras was elected lord-mayor of Magnimar in 4700 AR.1 After he died under mysterious circumstances, he was succeeded by Sabriyya Kalmeralm.6
Grobaras's assistant, a man named Valanni Krinst, censored and vetoed many of his superior's more absurd mandates, despite this being a highly illegal act.73 The mayor was guarded by the dour Khonderian, who oversaw a small army of toughs.3 Grobaras's most powerful protector, however, was a clockwork golem that was gifted to him by the city's Golemworks on the day he took office.1
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Year of death in AR estimated based on the publication dates of Magnimar, City of Monuments and Lost Omens World Guide.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 32. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7
- ↑ Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 112. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2007). Magnimar. The Skinsaw Murders, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-037-7
|Lord-Mayor of Magnimar
4700 AR–ca. 4712-9 AR