This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Pathfinder Online. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.
- See also: pfo:Main Page
Pathfinder Online takes place in Pathfinder campaign setting, and is a hybrid sandbox/theme park-style MMO roleplaying game where characters explore, develop, and dominate the River Kingdoms, a treacherous no-man's-land of squabbling kingdoms on the edge of wilderness. Players explore, adventure, develop, and dominate their domains by playing fighters, rogues, wizards, or any of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game's many character types, or they can use the game's archetype system go beyond standard options.
Pathfinder Online's robust trading system puts players in control of the world's economy with player-created items, consumables, fortifications, and settlements. Character-controlled settlements can grow into full-fledged kingdoms that compete for resources as they seek to become the dominant force in the land, raising vast armies to hold their territory against the depredations of monstrous creatures, NPC factions, and other player characters.
Social organizations scale from small parties of a few adventurers to player nations inhabited by thousands. As settlements develop, the surrounding wilderness develops more complex and challenging features, including randomly generated encounters and resources as well as scripted adventures.
A computer game adaptation of the Pathfinder universe, Pathfinder Online, was launched on November 27, 2012 by Goblin Works and Paizo and was successful in attracting Kickstarter crowdfunding in 2013 to finance its development. An official alpha test was announced in late June 2014. Early enrollment was announced on July 29, 2015.</ref>
On August 28, 2015, Goblinworks laid off most of its staff due to a lack of anticipated funding, and announced talks with publishers to continue work on Pathfinder Online. On March 17, 2017, Lisa Stevens announced that Paizo would fully take over and continue developing Pathfinder Online on its own, with a goal of opening enrollment in March 2018.
- Pathfinder Online on Wikipedia
- Erik Kain. (December 13, 2012). A Brief Look At The 'Pathfinder Online' Sandbox MMO On Kickstarter, Forbes.
- Goblinworks. (October 2, 2015). Pathfinder Online: A Fantasy Sandbox MMO, Kickstarter.
- Matt Daniel. (January 14, 2013). Pathfinder Online Kickstarter now successfully funded (Updated), Massively.
- Ryan Dancey. (June 26, 2014). Aaaaaaaaand Away We Go!, Goblinworks.
- Lisa Stevens. (September 2, 2015). Lisa's Community Address, Goblinworks Blog.
- Lisa Stevens. (March 17, 2017). The Road Forward, Goblinworks Blog.