|Goals||Restoration of Lirgen|
|Scope||Local (Sodden Lands)|
Source: The Inner Sea World Guide, pg(s). 174
- See also: Lergeni astrology
The Saoc Brethren are an organisation of astrological philosophers, named after Saoc, the founder of Lirgen. They ruled their homeland, located in western Garund, where the northern half of the Sodden Lands lies today. They were dependent on prophesy. The death of Aroden in 4606 AR ushered in the Age of Lost Omens, and proved a double blow for the brethren. Their powers of prophesy failed, and as a result they were totally unprepared for the appearance of the Eye of Abendego just off the coast of Lirgen. The Eye destroyed Lirgen, and its surviving people scattered.
The organisation survived, however, and its members sometimes return to the Sodden Lands to search for a means of extinguishing the Eye and restoring their lost homeland. Conditions there make this far from easy, and experience frequently shatters the minds of those who manage to survive the physical dangers.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Wolfgang Baur, Adam Daigle, Jeff Erwin, and F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Lost Kingdoms, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-415-3
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2014). Occult Mysteries, p. 38. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-649-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 174. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Mike Welham. (2013). Doom Comes to Dustpawn, p. 3–4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-504-4