Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Philosophies of Golarion differ from religions in that they are teachings and ways of thinking that are propounded by a mortal founder who, usually, does not become a deity. By assenting to a particular philosophy, one is generally not limited in choosing any particular occupation; however, some combinations of philosophy and religion present inherent conflicts. The study of various fundamental underpinnings of many philosophies is known as metaphysics.
Below is an incomplete list of the philosophies that are prevalent on Golarion today, or have been important historically:
A follower of the Whispering Way
- See also: Category:Philosophers
- See also: Category:Locations by philosophy
Among the foundations that deal with philosophy or places associated with the study are:
- ↑ Philosophy. Wikipedia.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 176. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 236. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Metaphysics. Wikipedia.
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn et al. (2015). Occult Adventures, p. 208. Paizo Inc.
- ↑ Liane Merciel, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, and Mark Moreland. (2018). Nidal, Land of Shadows, p. 11. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-033-0