An adlet is an aggressive, white-furred, wolf-like humanoid resident in polar regions.
Adlet culture is strongly warlike and xenophobic. Adlets see themselves as the natural rulers of the arctic and view all other intelligent beings as squatters and invaders, often responding to their presence with aggressive raids. However, some merchants have been able to establish peaceful contact with adlet tribes living near well-traveled routes.
According to adlet legend, their kind was created when a lost hunter came upon a house of whalebone and ice inhabited by a woman dressed in white fox furs. The woman took in the hunter and tended to him, and the two eventually married and had ten children. Five of these had the legs and tails of foxes, and the other five had the legs and tails of wolves. The fox-legged children remained with their mother, while the wolf-legged ones returned to human lands alongside their father and became the first adlets.
Adlets on Golarion
Some decades ago, a tribe of adlets from the Stormspear Mountains attacked and conquered the Varki's Cavern of the Sacred Shapes in Icemark in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
Adlets on Triaxus
Adlets also inhabit the planet Triaxus. Many Triaxian adlets hail from the area surrounding the Vahara Glacier, but they have been driven from their homelands by the white dragon warlord Yrax of the Drakelands. One of the adlets' holiest sites is the Rimekeening Crevasse, the final resting place of the adlet hero Sarnok. The adlets believe that Sarnok will one day return to guide them.
- ↑ Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Bestiary 3 (First Edition), p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Logan Bonner, et al. (2021). Bestiary 3 (Second Edition), p. 9. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-312-6
- ↑ Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- ↑ Matthew Goodall. (2013). The Frozen Stars. The Frozen Stars, p. 40. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-495-5
- Adlet (real-world mythical creature) on Wikipedia