A Linnorm King is a ruler of one of the kingdoms within the nation known as the Lands of the Linnorm Kings in the north-western reaches of Avistan. To become a Linnorm King, a contender must defeat a linnorm in single combat and carry the creature's severed head through the gates of the city he or she wishes to rule. Legends state that one day a Linnorm King will rise to unite all the regions of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings and that this High King will need to slay the 'Father of All Linnorms', Fafnheir, to claim that title. The very first Linnorm King, King Saebjorn Arm-Fang, attempted this prize but failed.
At the mouth of the Rimeflow River, Saebjorn Arm-Fang killed a linnorm in -624 AR in single combat. Thereafter he declared himself the first Linnorm King and set up his capital by founding Kalsgard. It is from -624 AR that historians date the foundation of the nation of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
Contemporary Linnorm Kings
Today there are four Linnorm Kings reigning in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings:
- Ingimundr the Unruly leads Broken Bay
- White Estrid (the only woman in the group) rules the Ironbound Islands
- Opir Eightfingers controls Southmoor
- Sveinn Blood-Eagle reigns in the Thanelands
Past Linnorm Kings
- Fjarn: A vile undead creature in the service of Urgathoa who was forced to eat his entire honor guard.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 102. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 103-105. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Sean K Reynolds et al. (2014). Inner Sea Gods, p. 163. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-597-6