|Titles||King of Kalsgard, Linnorm King (until 4719 AR)|
|Homeland||Valenhall (formerly Kalsgard, Lands of the Linnorm Kings)|
|Born||4632 AR (age 90)|
Source: Lands of the Linnorm Kings, pg(s). 30
Sveinn Blood-Eagle is the former ruler of the Thanelands, the largest Linnorm Kingdom, from his capital city Kalsgard. Before his departure to Valenhall, he was the most respected, the most powerful, and the oldest Linnorm King in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings.
Over the years, Sveinn sired over a score of children but never considered any of his successors wise and mighty enough to be a worthy heir.
During his reign, Sveinn increased trade with both the southern nations and Tian Xia via the Path of Aganhei, and expanded his realm toward key locations, most notably the dwarven mines at Kopparberget, which he wrested from the control of Opir Eightfingers. He once planned to strike at Irrisen and reclaim the lands that Baba Yaga stole from his people long ago, but cancelled this plan in 4719 AR to travel to Valenhall and live out his last days. Immediately after he announced his departure, tensions flared in Kalsgard as his children Uldren Orcsbane, Birgun Whale-Eater and Yngvilda rallied their supporters and made a bid to succeed their father. Ultimately, it was Sveinn's daughter Thira Ash-Eyes who managed to kill a linnorm and succeed him after his departure.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 113. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 30. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Compton, and Thurston Hillman. (2014). Inner Sea Combat, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-598-3
- Adam Daigle and Rob McCreary. (2013). Continuing the Campaign. The Witch Queen's Revenge, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-497-9
- Alex Riggs. (2019). Corpses in Kalsgard, p. 3. Paizo Inc.