The Ravounel Forest is located in far-northwestern Cheliax, between the Yolubilis River and the Arcadian Ocean and gives its name to the surrounding Archduchy of Ravounel. Rumors have begun to surface recently that a cult of Rovagug may be active within the wood, but no hard evidence has been found so far. Older rumours of strix and malicious fey have ensured the old forest has a dangerous reputation, and so the region has never been well populated.
The Ravounel Forest is home to the strix of the Kitkasiticka tribe, who have lived in the forest for centuries. A coven of Rovagug-worshipping storm hags known as the Grundlescorn sisters also settled in the forest at a later date, coming in conflict with the strix for dominance of the Ravounel Forest. Other dangerous creatures live in the forest, including several evil fey.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6
- Crystal Frasier. (2015). Kintargo. In Hell's Bright Shadow, p. 71. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-768-0
- Jim Groves. (2016). The Kintargo Contract. The Kintargo Contract, p. 40. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-800-7
- Kalervo Oikarinen, David N. Ross, and Todd Stewart. (2016). Bestiary. The Kintargo Contract, p. 81. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-800-7