|Homeland||Varisia & Absalom|
Source: Seekers of Secrets, pg(s). 54
Shevala Iorae is a Varisian venture-captain in the Pathfinder Society who lives and works in the Society's Grand Lodge in Absalom. She helped found the lodge in her native Magnimar in 4706 AR and often travels there to visit. She is known for her stern demeanor and association with less-than-scrupulous mercenaries and vagabonds, the most famous of these being the renegade Pathfinder Eando Kline.
Although she began her studies in Varisia exploring the ancient ruins of fallen Thassilon, she made her name within the Society by studying the many siege towers that litter the Cairnlands outside the wall of her adopted home. The Spire of Nex, an immense siege tower located 10 miles to the north of the walls of Absalom, became her particular focus of interest. She studied it for many years, and in 4703 AR was the first person to discover how to unlock it in over 1,000 years. To do this, Shevala employed a team of mathematicians to crack a complex cipher keyed to the Spire's "unopenable" door. Shevala's exploits was published in volume 36† of the Pathfinder Chronicles.
- Tim Hitchcock, Erik Mona, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor. (2009). Seekers of Secrets: A Guide to the Pathfinder Society, p. 54. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-178-7
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Tim Hitchcock, Erik Mona, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor. (2009). Seekers of Secrets: A Guide to the Pathfinder Society, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-178-7
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 27. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Erik Mona. (2007). Opening Moves (Pathfinder's Journal). Burnt Offerings, p. 85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-035-3
- Anthony Pryor. (2011). Red Redoubt of Karamoss. Dungeons of Golarion, p. 47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-304-0