|Titles||Shepherd of Light|
Source: Campaign Setting, pg(s). 78
Mengkare (pronounced meng-car-ay) is an ancient gold dragon who rules the island kingdom of Hermea in the Steaming Sea. Mengkare created the island country in 4552 AR in response to the long and painful history of humanity. His goal was both simple and extraordinarily ambitious: to create a utopian society ruled by absolute good, within which he could sculpt humanity to a form befitting their enormous potential. This project he terms the Grand Experiment.
To join his utopia, all citizens must sign a contract yielding absolute authority to the gold dragon. Uncorrupted by this power, Mengkare gives each citizen as much freedom as they can handle.
Andoran, Druma, and Taldor have all sent ambassadors to Hermea in search of an alliance. All such overtures have been politely rejected. However, Mengkare presented each ambassador with a sliver of golden crystal. There are reports of other visitors being gifted with similar items. They are apparently shards of a potent artifact known as an Orb of Dragonkind. If so, Mengkare presumably still holds the rest of the pieces.
- A "Did You Know?" box, in Champions of Corruption p. 2, mentions that James Jacobs and James L. Sutter disagree on Mengkare's alignment and notes that his alignment has never been declared.
- >>Ask *James Sutter* ALL your Questions Here!<<, 15 March 2013
- Savannah Broadway et al. (2013). Dragons Unleashed, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-525-9
- Alexander Augunas, Robert Brookes, Thurston Hillman, et al. (2016). Legacy of Dragons, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-853-3
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 78-79. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2010). NPC Guide, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-219-7
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Artifacts & Legends, p. 3, 34-35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-458-0