|Adjective||Owl-like, owlish, owly|
Source: Reign of Winter Player's Guide, pg(s). 11
Source: Bestiary 3, pg(s). 213
Snowy owls are common familiars in cold climates. Their white feathers help it blend into snowy environments, allowing it to hunt more stealthily.
The giant owl is up to 18 feet tall with a wingspan of 30 feet. They weigh up to 600 pounds. These intelligent beasts are keen observers of their forest.
These owls are willing to take on a rider, if that person shares the ideals of defending the forest.
The archon empyreal lord Tanagaar's true form is that of a giant owl and his holy symbol is a shadowed golden owl's eye. The Aurulent Eye watches in the darkness for signs of evil, symbolically just as an owl hunts in the night. He almost always travels with a retinue of local owls.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 132. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Adam Daigle. (2013). Reign of Winter Player's Guide, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Paizo Staff. (2011). Bestiary 3, p. 213. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Gareth Hanrahan, Steve Kenson, Patrick Renie, Tork Shaw, and Jerome Virnich. (2012). Knights of the Inner Sea, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-460-3
- Amber Scott. (2013). Chronicle of the Righteous, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-506-8
- Owl (real-life animal) on Wikipedia