|Class||Fighter 2 / Ranger 4|
|Homeland||Crying Leaf, Varisia|
|Born||ca. 4581 AR|
(about 141 years old)
|Images of Shalelu Andosana|
Source: Lost Omens Pathfinder Society Guide, pg(s). 82–83
Shalelu was born in a small village called Crying Leaf, and lost her father when she was very young to the attack of a bugbear assassin. Her mother, Seanthia, remained unmarried for nearly a hundred years until she took a human mercenary, Jakardos, as a second husband. This choice scandalized the community at Crying Leaf, but Shalelu treated him as a father. After Seanthia was killed when a green dragon attacked their hometown, however, Jakardos left both Crying Leaf and Shalelu out of heartbreak and did not return. This left Shalelu questioning the nature of her mother's and stepfather's relationship, and wondering if Jakardos had been taking advantage of Seanthia. This abandonment left a deep impression on Shalelu, who entered a period of depression and she eventually left Crying Lead to adopt a solitary lifestyle as a ranger and bounty hunter.
Shalelu eventually settled in the wilds around Sandpoint, which was at the time only beginning to establish itself. Shalelu took the village under her wing and protected it from goblins, bugbears, ghouls, and worse. She did not settle in Sandpoint itself, however, occasionally passing through the town for supplies but rarely staying long. She developed a strong enmity with the goblinoids of the local hinterlands, and spent several years fighting against the local goblin tribes. She developed a particularly personal enmity with the bugbear Bruthazmus, whom she fought on several occasions.
While watching over Sandpoint, Shalelu developed a close friendship with Ameiko Kaijitsu, coming to see her as a younger sister and seeing a reflection of her own history in the tragedies that befell Ameiko. On those occasions where she stays in Sandpoint overnight, she typically spends the night in Ameiko's tavern, the Rusty Dragon.
During this period, Shalelu was able to resolve some of the issues haunting her since infancy. She managed to track down Jakardos, who had settled in central Varisia, reconciling with him and coming to terms with the death of her mother. Later on, having returned to Crying Leaf to help the local elves with dealing with increased drow activity in the Mierani Forest, she was able to help kill the green dragon that slew her mother.
In recent years, Sandpoint's growing militia has begun to lessen the need of Shalelu's guardianship over the town, something that Shalelu found pleasing and a sign of the town beginning to mature. Relieved of her pressures from her family history and her responsibilities over Sandpoint, Shalelu is beginning to experience a deep wanderlust and the need to make a long journey away from her usual haunts.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- James Jacobs. (2011). NPC Gallery. The Brinewall Legacy, p. 58–59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-361-3
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 18. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs & Patrick Renie. (2011). Jade Regent Player's Guide, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Nicolas Logue. (2012). Chapter Three: The Hook Mountain Massacre. Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, p. 130–131. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-436-8
- James Jacobs. (2012). Chapter One: Burnt Offerings. Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, p. 24–25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-436-8
- Kate Baker et al. (2020). Pathfinder Society Guide, p. 82–83. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-278-5