The Mierani Forest (pronounced meer-AWN-ee) of northwestern Varisia is one of the ancestral homes of the elves in Avistan. Situated between the Calphiak Mountains and the Velashu Uplands, it also borders the Steaming Sea to its north. The forest is known for its ancient, verdant fir trees, pines, and redwoods, and plentiful wildlife, gently maintained by the elves.
Elves of the Mierani
The elves are quite protective of the forest and go to great lengths to keep intruders out, especially lumberjacks and monsters. Although they live throughout the forest, the greatest concentrations can be found in the villages of Crying Leaf, cliff-side Arsmeril, and the ruins of their ancient capital, Celwynvian. The job of clearing the forest of danger after the elves' long period away from Golarion continues: they regularly battle ettercaps and carnivorous plants, but their main target is the green dragon Razorhorn. Some Mierani elves are so distraught over their inability to retake their ancient city since their return, that they leave the forest to become Forlorn.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- Jason Bulmahn. (2008). The Armageddon Echo. The Armageddon Echo, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-128-2
- Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2008). The Armageddon Echo. The Armageddon Echo, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-128-2
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2007). Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-059-9
- James Jacobs & Patrick Renie. (2011). Jade Regent Player's Guide, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC.