Into the Nightmare Rift, an adventure by Richard Pett with supporting material by James Jacobs, Sean K Reynolds, and Greg A. Vaughan and fiction by Bill Ward, was released on December 19, 2012.
|| With five shards of the Shattered Star secure, visions point the PCs toward one of Varisia's most remote corners as the site protecting the sixth fragment of the powerful artifact. Yet the heroes are not the first to search for this shard—upon arriving at the ancient ruin known as Guiltspur, they find a small army of giants excavating the site on the order of a blue dragon. Even this is not the entirety of the danger, however, for as the heroes soon learn, there are other forces searching for the final shards as well—some hailing from the Darklands below, and some from beyond reality in the nightmare realm of Leng!
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Shattered Star Adventure Path and includes:
- "Into the Nightmare Rift," a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 13th-level characters, by Richard Pett.
- Previously unknown secrets about H. P. Lovecraft's famous Plateau of Leng in a special gazetteer of this strange realm of dreams and horrors, by Greg A. Vaughan.
- The lost and ancient secrets behind the forgotten faith of Lissala, goddess of runes, fate, duty, and obedience, by Sean K Reynolds.
- Alchemists and wererats in the Pathfinder's Journal, by Bill Ward.
- Four new monsters, including Lovecraftian horrors and Lissala's herald, by James Jacobs and Sean K Reynolds.
Foreword: "Okay, Okay... Let's go to Leng" by James Jacobs (4)
1. "Into the Nightmare Rift" by Richard Pett (6)
- "NPC Gallery" by Richard Pett (58)
- "Shattered Star Treasures" by Richard Pett (62)
2. "Leng: The Terror Beyond Dreams" by Greg A. Vaughan (64)
- * Denizens and Dangers
- * Gazetteer
3. "Lissala" by Sean K Reynolds (70)
4. "An Overdue Appointment" (Light of a Distant Star 5 of 6) by Bill Ward (76)
5. "Bestiary" by James Jacobs and Sean K Reynolds (82)
6. "Unearthing the Past" (92)
- Installment 6 of the Shattered Star Adventure Path are previewed.