|Images of kami|
Source: Forest of Spirits, pg(s). 62ff.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
Kami were created by the gods when the Material Plane was young and tasked to preserve and protect places and things that could not protect themselves. On Golarion, the first kami appeared in what was to become Minkai in the Age of Creation. They are by far most common in that nation, but have spread throughout Tian Xia in the ages since. Because the kami are limited in number and proliferate slowly, they are rare outside Tian Xia, but hope to expand throughout Golarion in time.
Some kami are so powerful they take on the power of a demigod: these are called kami lords. One group of kami lords is said to dwell in Seseragi Forest, where Okirori Tomoko is said to have bartered for peace between the kami lords and the Warashi River.
- "Kami" is both the plural and singular form.
- Mike Shel. (2011). Ecology of the Kami. Forest of Spirits, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-380-4
- Tim Hitchcock and Colin McComb. (2011). Dragon Empires Primer, p. 3, 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-386-6
- Mike Shel. (2011). Ecology of the Kami. Forest of Spirits, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-380-4
- Paizo Staff. (2011). Bestiary 3, p. 159. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 93. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6
- Tito Leati. (2011). Minkai. Tide of Honor, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-385-9