|Environment||Temperate or warm forest or underground|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 43
Centipedes are arthropods with long, segmented bodies, numerous legs, and powerful jaws armed with powerful poison. While many species are small and harmless to humanoids, other varieties grow to very large sizes and can be dangerous predators. Centipede coloration is often varied, some bearing dull colors and others coming in brighter shades.
Numerous types of centipedes, ranging from minuscule vermin to towering, powerful hunters, exist throughout Golarion. The smallest varieties, such as house and sewer centipedes, are relatively harmless. Others, such as hissing and giant whiptail centipedes, reach and surpass the dimensions of many humanoids. Still others, such as great forest centipedes and titan centipedes, reach truly staggering sizes and can be very dangerous animals. Whip centipedes are a peculiar variety, as, while they are known to grow to over seven feet in length, they are no more than a few inches in diameter and are harmless fungus eaters.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 43. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Jesse Benner and Sean K Reynolds. (2011). Bestiary. The Thousand Fangs Below, p. Inside Back Cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-276-0
- Tim Hitchcock. (2009). House of the Beast. House of the Beast, p. 35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-160-2
- Tim Hitchcock. (2009). House of the Beast. House of the Beast, p. 37–38. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-160-2
- James Jacobs. (2012). Before Sin. Beyond the Doomsday Door, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-474-0
- Centipede (real-world animal) on Wikipedia