|Titles|| Prince of the Blasted Heath,|
Demon Lord of Fungus and Parasites
Lord of Filth and Pollution
|Home||The Jeharlu, Abyss|
|Areas of Concern|| Disease|
|Worshipers||Alchemists, black dragons, derros, drow, ex-druids, polluters, evil vegepygmies|
|Domains||Chaos, Earth, Evil, Plant|
|Subdomains||Caves, Decay, Demon, Growth, Plague|
|Symbol||Moldy spiraling tentacle|
|Sacred Colors||Green, yellow|
|Images of Cyth-V'sug|
Source: Beyond the Doomsday Door, pg(s). 65
Cyth-V'sug (pronounced SITH-vih-SUG) is the demon lord of fungus and parasites. Originally a qlippoth lord, he is older than any of the demons now residing in the Abyss. It is though that Cyth-V'sug was spawned by the qlippoth lord called Oaur-Ooung and later ascended and transformed into a demon lord.
Cyth-V'sug is a misshapen and monstrous being the size of a house. His body is made of a horrid mass of tubers, fungus, and rot, shot through with grasping tentacles and claws. This horrid mass is topped by a vaguely draconic head with puffball eyes and a maw of sharp, broken teeth.
During the ancient war between the demons and qlippoth shortly after the former's creation, the qlippoth lord Cyth-V'sug did not want to take part, staying in his realm and slaughtering any invading demons. He eventually observed that the demons were worshipped by self-destructive mortals, and as he sent tendrils of consciousness into the Material Plane, he found desperate creatures longing answers to their prayers and responded to them. This increased his strength, but Cyth-V'sug was still forced to the deep Abyss alongside the qlippoth.
Cyth-V'sug continued to hear the pleas for divine gifts and responses from his worshippers. This greed caused Cyth-V'sug to feel the mortal emotion of desire: for his original home, for demon blood, for vengeance. In time, the other qlippoth lords noticed this change and threatened to destroy him, forcing him to flee to the upper Abyss.
Cyth-V'sug realised that he had become like a hated demon, but he was still hungry and continued to demand sacrifices from his followers, slowly transforming into a demon lord. However, this did nothing to quell his hatred of demons.
Cyth-V'sug resides in a layer of the Abyss known as Jeharlu, made up of a single writhing colony of parasitic fungus that corrupts anything it touches into a vile extension of its own consciousness. The Prince of the Blasted Heath forever yearns to expand his domain by pulling other parts of the Great Beyond into his realm. He continues to pursue the qlippoth goal of eradicating mortals and starving the demons of sin so the qlippoth could reclaim the Abyss. He doesn't much care that this will mean his own destruction, as it means that his hunger will finally be sated.
Cult and worshippers
As an ever-hungry demon lord, Cyth-V'sug has little interest in forming cults or secret societies like some of his fellow demons; instead, he hungers to absorb the whole of Golarion into his realm. Still, he does have those devoted to him on the surface world, although these are generally lone madmen obsessed with spreading his fungal taint. Followers wish to understand and reveal the powers of disease and infestation, revelling in the filth of the world. They seek to bring bloody sacrifices, especially of elves, to gain a greater closeness to their master.
Unsurprisingly, the Prince of the Blasted Heath has a dedicated following in the Worldwound, where is is venerated by numerous fungus queens in Frostmire Fen, who in turn are overseen by the greatest of their kind, Enivuni.
Below the surface of Golarion, his veneration becomes more common. His largest group of worshipers are most probably the drow of House Urdrinor, who tend the fungus gardens of Yagasfanas and supply the drow of Zirnakaynin with edible mushrooms procured with the power of their demonic patron. The derro also occasionally turn to Cyth-V'sug in their madness, searching for answers to spiritual questions. Certain mad shamans among the more violent tribes of vegepygmies have been known to ask the demon lord for assistance as well.
One of his most powerful spawn, Treerazer, a unique demon, has recently established a domain in the Material Plane in Kyonin after attempting a coup against Cyth-V'sug. The coup failed but Cyth-V'sug has yet to move against Treerazer; some consider this lack of revenge strange and the establishment of Treerazer's realm may signify a furtherance of Cyth-V'sug's ambition to assimilate Golarion.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2012). Before Sin. Beyond the Doomsday Door, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-474-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 39. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 232. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Colin McComb. (2011). Faiths of Corruption, p. 18. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-375-0
- James Jacobs, Jonathan H. Keith, Jason Nelson, Todd Stewart, and Tanith Tyrr. (2013). The Worldwound, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-532-7
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 52. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, and F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Classic Horrors Revisited, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-202-9
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4