Source: Bestiary 2, pg(s). 83
The destrachan is an aberrant subterranean predator. Despite its bestial appearance, it is both intelligent and cruel.
A destrachan is a bipedal reptilian creature. Its tube-shaped head has no eyes, complex frilled ears, and a great circular mouth ringed with numerous rows of teeth like a lamprey's.
Lacking eyes, a destrachan is completely blind, but thanks to its incredibly sensitive ears it can effectively "see" everything within a hundred feet. Destrachans can emit powerful waves of sound from their mouths that can destroy objects and inflict agonizing pain on living creatures. Destrachans themselves are resistant to sonic attacks, including those of other destrachans.
Habitat & Society
Destrachans live underground in caves, where they hunt in packs of up to five and feed on both live prey and carrion. Though they cannot speak humanoid tongues, they are quite intelligent and can understand spoken language; they communicate amongst themselves with clicks, shrieks, and whistles. Destrachans are cruel and sadistic, taking pleasure from their victims' suffering.
Destrachans on Golarion
Destrachans on Other Worlds
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 83. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2007). "Vaults of Madness". Seven Swords of Sin, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-050-6
- James Jacobs and Sean K Reynolds. (2012). Bestiary. Into the Nightmare Rift, p. 83. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-487-0
- Richard Pett. (2011). Forest of Spirits. Forest of Spirits, p. 47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-380-4
- Matthew Goodall. (2013). The Frozen Stars. The Frozen Stars, p. 46. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-495-5