King Noleski Surtova is Brevoy's current ruler. He has reigned over the divided nation since 4699 AR, when King Urzen Rogarvia, along with all members of House Rogarvia, mysteriously disappeared in an event known as the Vanishing.1 Prior to taking the Dragonscale Throne in New Stetven, Surtova ruled Port Ice, as have members of House Surtova for more than a thousand years.2
King Noleski holds numerous titles, including King of All Brevoy in the Name of Choral, Lord of Issia, Prince of Rostland, Suzerain of New Stetven, Overlord of Restov, Defender of the Lake of Mists and Veils1, Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, Blood of the Conqueror, overlord and rightful king of all Brevoy.3, King-Regent of Brevoy4, and Head of House Surtova.4
A prospective alliance between House Surtova and House Lebeda that would have symbolically united Rostland (Elanna Lebeda) and Issia (King Noleski Surtova) and brought much needed stability to fractured Brevoy, fell apart in 4718 AR when the king's sister, Natala Surtova, accused Lord Lander Lebeda of treason. Lord Lander disappeared soon thereafter, leaving the would-be bride to return home in humiliation. Since Lord Lander had been accused of harboring revolutionary sentiments numerous times during his youth, most of the Brevic nobility believed the Surtovan accusations. The notable exception were members of House Orlovsky, who claimed that the facts supporting the purported treason were contradictory and unclear, and countered that this was most likely Surtovan propaganda. This has caused a significant fracture between the houses of Surtova and Orlovsky, one that threatens to escalate into armed confrontation.78
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.
- Steve Kenson. (2010). Brevoy. Stolen Land, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). "The Inner Sea". Campaign Setting, p. 66. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Beyond Kingmaker. Sound of a Thousand Screams, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-253-1
- Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Compton, and Thurston Hillman. (2014). Inner Sea Combat, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-598-3
- Steve Kenson. (2010). Brevoy. Stolen Land, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Crystal Malarsky. (2017). On the Border of War, p. 6. Paizo Inc.
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). "Overview". World Guide, p. 26-28. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- Steve Kenson. (2010). Brevoy. Stolen Land, p. 64. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6