|Titles||Free City of Restov|
|Demographics||15,240 humans, 1,220 dwarves, 950 gnomes, 820 halflings, 240 half-elves, 130 elves, 70 other|
|Ruler||Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius|
Source: The Varnhold Vanishing, pg(s). 12
As the birthplace of the Aldori dueling style, the city boasts several Aldori and Taldan dueling schools, which has led to the city being a favored place for young nobles to practice dueling championships. Most prominent among them is the Aldori Academy, widely regarded as the region's finest war college. A large number of Aldori duelists came to the city from Rostland after Choral the Conqueror united Brevoy.
While the swordlords are the most prestigious and well-known of these schools, others teach complementary or adversarial styles, and their students—disparagingly referred to as "bravos" of "lesser schools" by traditionalists—often duel prospective swordlords and each other on the streets of Restov.
Restov is filled with people who are often refined, including a gentry that believes they are quite sophisticated, or rough around the edges. Taldans smile at those that believe themselves cultured, as they see the natives as being quaint barbarians. As Restov is relatively wealthy, there are many lords and merchants whose sons take up dueling. Fights are common; rhetoric of rebellion against the king can be heard throughout the city.
Many firebrands who oppose King Noleski Surtova also hide amongst the taphouses of Restov, raising dissent. More recently, the citizens of Restov have become troubled about the politics and tensions between Rostland and Issia to the north.
Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius leads the city. Sellemius is not from any of the noble families, which allows the inhabitants to keep the memories of the Aldori swordlords and times before Choral the Conqueror alive.
A council of Swordlords aid the mayor in ruling Restov. Mayor Sellemius is a member of this council and acts as its representative.
Places of interest
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 52. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 53. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Steve Kenson. (2010). Brevoy. Stolen Land, p. 67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Paris Crenshaw, Ron Lundeen, and David Schwartz. (2015). Melee Tactics Toolbox, p. Inside Front Cover. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-732-1
- Steve Kenson. (2010). Brevoy. Stolen Land, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Benjamin Bruck, John Compton, Crystal Frasier, et al. (2017). Adventurer's Guide, p. 23. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-938-7
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2010). The Varnhold Vanishing. The Varnhold Vanishing, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-234-0
- James Jacobs. (February 19, 2016). ">>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<", Paizo Messageboard.