|Members||Followers of the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones|
Source: Rule of Fear, pg(s). 56
The Old Cults are groups of nearly always insane and violent worshipers of the deities collectively known as the Elder Mythos, who reside in the Dark Tapestry, the void between stars: the Outer Gods, akin to true gods, and the Great Old Ones, comparable to demigods.
The Old Cults perform prehistoric rites in dark places, designed to bring about the return of their gods to Golarion from the Dark Tapestry. Other followers try to open magical doors to their patrons in an attempt to summon alien creatures, which are then released to wreak havoc. Some scholars believe that the Great Old Ones are simply the inventions of their fever-brained devotees, but this is clearly false, as clerics of these cyclopean monstrosities can draw on divine power and cast spells.
The Old Cults have few allies, even among each other, and are barely noticed by their patrons. Cultists primarily worship the Outer Gods and Great Old Ones for power and use the promise of power or nightmarish truths to gather weak-willed pawns which they then use to further their goals.
Members of the Old Cults
- James Jacobs. (2011). Cults of the Dark Tapestry. Wake of the Watcher, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-311-8
- James Jacobs. (2016). The Elder Mythos. In Search of Sanity, p. 63. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-882-3
- James Jacobs. (2011). Cults of the Dark Tapestry. Wake of the Watcher, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-311-8
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 199. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 198. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Bulette. Dungeon Denizens Revisited, p. 13-14. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-172-5
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9