|Titles||The Faceless God|
|Realm||Land of Black Blood (originally);|
Sightless Sea (unconfirmed)
|Areas of Concern||Alchemy|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Chaos, Earth, Evil, Water|
|Subdomains (1E)||Caves, Entropy, Fear, Ice, Metal, Oceans|
|Symbol||Open maw surrounding rune|
|Sacred Colors||Black, blue|
Source: Descent into Midnight, pg(s). 85
The Great Old One Orgesh is arguably the best known among the inscrutable and obscure deities of the charda, who view it as an endlessly hungry being that requires constant sacrifices of food to placate.
Orgesh no longer lives in the Land of Black Blood, having long ago abandoned its children. Due to this neglect, while the charda remain unpredictable, they are no longer cruel or vengeful. Those who do not worship Orgesh believe that it went to the deepest, darkest trench of the Sightless Sea, to take care of its other children.
Orgesh's followers view each other as the greatest threat. Some believe that when they eat a fellow worshipper, they can consume their prey's faith as well, and when only one remains, Orgesh will return to use this devotee to unleash a new race upon Orv, one that will relentlessly expand until it consumes everything.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Metals and Oceans were added in In Search of Sanity replacing Entropy and Fear
- Original Source: Wolfgang Baur, "The Land of Black Blood", in Descent into Midnight, 2009; James Jacobs. (2016). The Elder Mythos. In Search of Sanity, p. 70. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-882-3
- James Jacobs, Jason Nelson & F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Bestiary. Descent into Midnight, p. 85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2016). The Elder Mythos. In Search of Sanity, p. 70. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-882-3
- Brian Cortijo. (2009). Descent Into Midnight. Descent into Midnight, p. 52–53. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2