Most commerce on Golarion is transacted in some combination of gold, silver, and copper pieces. While rates might regionally vary, ten copper pieces are generally worth one silver piece, ten silver pieces are worth one gold piece, and ten gold pieces are worth one platinum piece.
Because of increased trade in the Inner Sea region, there has also been increased standardization of currency weight and pureness, to the point where nearly any coin of a given type minted in one country can be exchanged for a similar foreign coin. Despite this useful standardization, each nation (and sometimes each city) mints its own currency.
- Copper penny
- Absalom does not regularly mint pennies, typically using varied denominations for minor transactions. Occasionally an adventuring party, hero, or other special event will be commemorated by a limited mintage of these coins.
- Silver weight
- A "weight", always of silver, is the standard unit of commerce, even for very large transactions.
- Electrum crest
- Absalom no longer mints crests, but some were created during ancient crises as coins of mixed silver, gold, and copper. They are accepted only in Absalom at the same value as a silver weight.
- Gold measure
- Absalom's coin is the weight of a full measure of gold, and the standard by which such coins are assessed.
- Platinum sphinx
- These "lion-coins" are used in exchanges between large mercantile houses, and depict the mother-sphinx on the obverse and Azlanti Keep on the reverse.
- Copper Pinch
- Both the singular and plural term for the Korvosan copper coin is pinch and never pinches.
- Silver Shield
- The silver coins are always referred to as silver shields, and never simply as silvers.
- Gold Sail
- Like silver shields, gold coins are never abbreviated, and are always gold sails.
- Platinum Crown
- The platinum coins are either platinum crowns or just crowns.
On other planes
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 140. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 253. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- Patrick Renie. (2013). Wardens of the Reborn Forge, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-555-6
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 143. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Chris A. Jackson. (2013). Pirate's Honor, p. 81. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-523-5
- Brian Cortijo. (2010). The Spoils of Kings. Blood for Blood, p. 64. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-251-7
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- Mike McArtor & James L. Sutter. (2008). Belly of the Beast (Pathfinder's Journal). Sins of the Saviors, p. 76. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-040-7
- Robin D. Laws. (2012). Blood of the City, p. 74. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-456-6
- Amber Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- Amber Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 40. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1