Lake Encarthan is one of the largest and most highly traveled bodies of water in Avistan. The nations of Druma, Kyonin, Lastwall, Molthune, Nirmathas, Razmiran, and Ustalav all share the lake's coastline, and the port cities of Caliphas, Kerse, Tamran, and Thronestep each serve as their nation's capital, no doubt bolstered both economically and militarily by their strategic locations on Encarthan's banks.
The lake contains numerous creatures, including merrows and scrags.
Skum tribes live in the lake, and make items out of fishgold, the unique red gold found in its depths.
The strongest military force on the lake is probably the navy of Molthune, based in Eranmas and primarily concerned with blockading Tamran, the capital of its rival, Nirmathas. However, other Encarthan powers view the navy with suspicion and the Molthuni leaders are keen to deploy their naval force solely against Nirmathas to help allay these fears.
Places of interest
At the lake's center stands the mysterious Isle of Terror where Aroden mortally wounded the wizard-king Tar-Baphon in 896 AR..
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. poster map. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 32. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Greg A. Vaughan and Rob McCreary. (2011). Wake of the Watcher. Wake of the Watcher, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-311-8
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 103. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Lissa Guillet and Amber E. Scott. (2017). Lands of Conflict, p. 8, 13. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-927-1
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 201. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1