|Leader||High Sun-Mage Oyamba|
|Headquarters||Nantambu, Mwangi Expanse|
|Goals||Reintroduce the light of learning after Earthfall, acquire, protect, and disseminate knowledge|
|Scope||Regional (Inner Sea region)|
|Images of Magaambya|
Source: Campaign Setting, pg(s). 107
- See also: Magaambyan arcanist
The Magaambya is Golarion's oldest academy of arcane learning, even if many proud schools in Avistan have never heard of it. It was established by Old-Mage Jatembe and his Ten Magic Warriors in Nantambu during the Age of Anguish, and is still in operation thousands of years later. The Magaambya's feared flying Tempest-Sun mages ensure that both cultists of Angazhan and raiders of the Aspis Consortium give the town a wide berth. The adjective used for all things associated with the Magaambya is Magaambyan.
The Magaambya stands at the centre of Nantambu, a colorful agricultural town on the Vanji River in the western Mwangi Expanse. It consists of numerous buildings within a ring of ten terraced towers. Each tower is decorated with a mosaic image of one of the nameless Ten Magic Warriors.
Much of its teaching and records are oral. The school owns a few written documents, but many of those were taken away by masters and are now scattered throughout villages which might be hundreds of miles away from Nantambu.
Wizards and arcanists cooperate extensively at the Magaambya to preserve Old-Man Jatembe's legacy. Some of the Zenj arcanists claim that three of the Ten Magic Warriors were arcanists as well, although most dispute this assertion.
The academy's arcanists have close ties with nature and prefer animal and fey familiars. This includes elusive creatures like bats and weasels, Mwangi fauna such as monkeys and dinosaurs, and fey sprites and brownies.
- Jesse Benner, Jason Nelson, Sean K. Reynolds, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Russ Taylor. (2011). Inner Sea Magic, p. 21. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-360-6
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 107. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Alexander Augunas, Steven T. Helt, and David N. Ross. (2016). Arcane Anthology, p. 16. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-814-4
- Tim Hitchcock et al. (2010). Heart of the Jungle, p. 41. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-247-0
- Tim Hitchcock et al. (2010). Heart of the Jungle, p. 39. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-247-0
- Dennis Baker, et al. (2014). Advanced Class Origins, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4