|Titles|| The Ravener King|
The Ravenous King
Demon Lord of Apes and Jungles
Demon Lord of Beasts
|Home||Ahvoth-Kor, the Abyss|
|Areas of Concern|| Apes|
|Worshipers||Charau-ka, Mwangi cults, high girallons, jungle warlords|
|Domains||Animal, Chaos, Evil, Plant|
|Subdomains||Decay, Demon, Fur, Growth|
|Symbol||Demonic ape face|
|Sacred Colors||Black, red|
|Images of Angazhan|
Source: Descent into Midnight, pg(s). 56
Angazhan appears as an enormous, muscular, and savage red-furred ape with six long fingers on each hand, capable of complex manipulation or tearing a human limb from limb. Angazhan's ape-like demonic visage is completed by his fanged maw, twisted horns, and tiny bloodshot eyes; this gives him a unique appearance amongst his simian followers.
In combat, Angazhan favors to bite, crush, impale, or sting his opponents with his fangs, fists, horns, or long, reptilian tail, respectively. Those slain by him personally are sometimes cursed to return to life again and again as a Gorilla King bound to his service.
Cult and worshipers
Cults dedicated to the Ravener King on Golarion are concentrated in the Mwangi Expanse, where he is venerated by both the human Bekyar tribe and the simian charau-ka—or ape-men—who feast on humans like livestock.
The Expanse is also home to Angazhan's most favored mortal servant, Ruthazek the Gorilla King, who leads the Spawn of Angazhan from his seat of power in the city of Usaro. It is not clear why the Mwangi Expanse has drawn the demon lord's attention to the region for so long, but Ruthazek is merely the latest of a long line of Gorilla Kings ruling Usaro, dating back to before humans began to dominate the continent of Garund. Each successive Gorilla King has been a brutal mortal reincarnated into the form of an awakened dire gorilla by one of Angazhan's totems after the death of their predecessor.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 174. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 231. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 18–19. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- Jesse Benner, Rob McCreary, and Neil Spicer. (2011). Bestiary. Sanctum of the Serpent God, p. 80. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-307-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Gareth Hanrahan. (2010). Ecology of the Charau-Ka. Vaults of Madness, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-275-3
- Tim Hitchcock et al. (2010). Heart of the Jungle, p. 45–47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-247-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0