The Rending destroyed Jernashall, the subterranean capital of the dwarven empire of Tar Khadurrm, and its sister city of Raseri Kanton on the surface. In Jernashall, a river of lava spewed forth from the great magmafall in the center of the city and killed every citizen within minutes. The fate of Raseri Kanton was just as horrifying: the whole city fell into the earth.
The Rending did what centuries of war and conflict never could, finally break the spirit of the dwarven people. The Rending marks the beginning of the decline of the dwarves, as they fell into apathy and indifference.
The nearby community of Darkmoon Vale (then still part of Taldor) was also hit particularly hard, and parts of Almas were destroyed by massive flooding caused by the melting of the snow pack around Droskar's Crag.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 202. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Darkmoon Vale, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-100-8
- David Eitelbach, Russ Taylor, JD Wiker, Keri Wiker, and Hank Woon. (2009). Dwarves of Golarion, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-204-3
- Sean K Reynolds, et al. (2015). Anvil of Fire, p. 69 & 71. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-729-1
- David Eitelbach, Russ Taylor, JD Wiker, Keri Wiker, and Hank Woon. (2009). Dwarves of Golarion, p. 67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-204-3
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 36. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Tim Hitchcock and Jason Nelson. (2015). Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom, p. 18. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-721-5