|Author(s)||John Compton et al.|
|Price|| Print: $22.99|
|Released||June 27, 2018|
|Series||Pathfinder Campaign Setting|
|Follows||Nidal, Land of Shadows|
|Precedes||War for the Crown Map Folio|
|Artwork from Distant Realms|
|“|| Planar Urban SprawlBefore the first inklings of civilization rose up upon the mortal world, magnificent cities already existed within the vast corners of the multiverse. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Distant Realms offers a look into six of these extraplanar cities that are ripe for exploration by planar travelers. Each entry includes a full-page map and a stat block for the city, a history of the city and its current major players, and a gazetteer of the city's most interesting locales. Within these pages, you'll find details about the following cities, and more:
Introduction: To Realms Unknown (2)
- An overview of the six planar cities detailed in the rest of the volume.
- One of the few stable, safe havens in the treacherous, ever-changing Maelstrom, Basrakal is home to outsiders who defy the basic natures of their kind, and unite to battle the aeons who constantly besiege the city.
Dis by Amanda Hamon (14)
- The teeming infernal capital of Dis is Hell's answer to Axis—a perfectly designed metropolis full of devils, the damned, and those willing to treat with them for their own ends.
Heaven's Shore by Lyz Liddell (24)
- Heaven's "international district" can be found on the plane's first tier, and plays host to not only archons and Heavenly petitioners, but members of nearly every good- and lawful-aligned race in the multiverse (a fact that has earned the district the nickname "Heathen Shore" for its welcoming attitude toward those many see as unfit to set foot in Heaven).
Shadow Absalom by Thurston Hillman (34)
- A dark reflection of the City at the Center of the World upon the Shadow Plane, Shadow Absalom is a center of trade for all the illicit goods one can't find on the Material Plane.
Spire's Edge by Crystal Frasier (44)
- Souls lacking purpose and motivation find themselves in Spire's Edge, situated on the cusp of the Boneyard's Spire, where they hope to eventually feel some attachment to one of the Outer Planes so that they may move on to their final afterlife.
Yulgamot by John Compton (54)
- The planetoid of Yulgamot is one of the few large surfaces in the Astral Plane, where time flows differently than elsewhere in the plane, and serves as both a trade hub and central launching point from which extraplanar expeditions set forth.