Firearms are among the most technologically advanced, and thus rarest, weapons manufactured in modern Golarion. Most of these gunpowder projectile weapons are manufactured in the magic-bereft city-state of Alkenstar and Dongun Hold, where advanced engineering, access to raw materials, and necessity have perfected the art over thousands of years. Over 90 percent of all firearms in the world are owned and maintained within Alkenstar itself, but mercenaries, emigrants, and highly profitable trade have spread these weapons throughout the world—if one knows where to look for them. In general, guns manufactured in the massive Gunworks are of basic quality, but more artistic gunsmiths and craftsmen populate Alkenstar City and are more than willing to make custom weapons of higher quality or upgrade existing production-line units.
Most firearms are made from the same molds on the production line of the Gunworks, but other weapons are unique and notable in their own right, whether for their sheer size or a specific quality or function.
- Great Maw of Rovagug
- Built for the nation's own defense in 4450 AR, this bombard stands guard over Alkenstar, built into the side of the Hellfallen Cliffs.
In addition to the projectile-firing weapons natively developed on Golarion, an even smaller number of similar weapons are scattered across places like Numeria, where alien spaceships crashed into Golarion carrying advanced technology. These foreign firearms—including rail guns, rocket and grenade launchers, dart guns, flare guns, and autograpnels—can be extraordinarily powerful compared to their native counterparts.
Many such technological firearms take forms similar to Golarion's, but instead of firing discrete projectiles, they might unleash continuous beams of energy. These include laser pistols and rifles, death rays, and atom guns.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 291. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- David N. Ross, David Schwartz, and Kaitlyn Sprague. (2014). Ranged Tactics Toolbox, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-705-5
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 203. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs and Russ Taylor. (2014). Technology Guide, p. 20–21. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-672-0
- Adam Daigle and Brandon Hodge. (2013). Guns, Spirits, and Revolution. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 63–67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2