A laboratory, also called a lab, is a space that contains specialized crafting and measurement tools for practicing engineering and academic research. Many sensitive crafts and sciences require such a space, though none more than technological construction.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
- The Grand Spire in High Ilvarandin houses a laboratory that manufactures midnight milk.
- Old Megus had an alchemical laboratory in her Brinestump Marsh shack.
- The Cathedral of Aroden in Almas contains a magical laboratory specialized in creating homunculi.
- Many temples of Nethys are magical laboratories.
- Threshold, the Worldwound's epicenter, was a prison tower and laboratory for arcane spellcasters.
- Fleshwarpers have specialized laboratories for their experiments.
- The qlippoth lord Yamasoth had a laboratory in Gongorina, deep in Sekamina.
- A wizard's forgotten laboratory remains in the dungeons beneath Thornkeep.
- Ghasterhall contains a necromantic laboratory.
On Golarion, facilities for building high-tech devices are exceedingly rare and potentially dangerous to access. Such specialized labs not under the control of the Technic League may be plagued by out-of-control robots, vengeful or insane androids, disfigured undead, aberrations, or artificial intelligences—or, worst of all, lack the power necessary to function, rendering them useless. The advanced tools and tremendous amounts of power required by a technological lab also make them impossible to reproduce on Golarion. However, a skilled technologist with access to a lab can potentially invent technological devices with functions that reach beyond even the alien artifacts scattered across Numeria.
There are six known types of technological labs:
- Cybernetics labs, which can be used to create and implant technology designed to meld with biological systems
- Graviton labs, for the crafting of graviton technology
- Medical labs, for crafting technological healing and enhancement items and pharmaceuticals
- Military labs, which serve as forges for basic technological weapons and armor
- Nanotech labs specialized for crafting such items and systems
- Production labs, which offer general-purpose crafting of basic technological items
Known technology laboratories include:
- Many temples of Brigh, which are workshops for technology if not full-fledged, powered technological laboratories.
- The spaceship wreckage across Numeria, which contains some intact high-tech laboratories.
- Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, Michael Kortes, Jason Nelson, Russ Taylor. (2011). Lost Cities of Golarion, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-272-2
- James Jacobs. (2011). The Brinewall Legacy. The Brinewall Legacy, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-361-3
- Tim Hitchcock, Erik Mona, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor. (2009). Seekers of Secrets: A Guide to the Pathfinder Society, p. 29-30. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-178-7
- Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 26. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- James Jacobs, Jonathan H. Keith, Jason Nelson, Todd Stewart, and Tanith Tyrr. (2013). The Worldwound, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-532-7
- J.D. Wiker & Darrin Drader. (2008). Abominations of the Drow. Endless Night, p. 59-60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Tyler Beck, Jason Garrett, Alex Greenshields, and David Schwartz. (2014). Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, p. 43-44. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-710-9
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- Richard Baker, Jason Bulmahn, Ed Greenwood, et al. (2013). Thornkeep, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-519-8
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Continuing the Campaign. Shadows of Gallowspire, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-313-2
- Richard Pett. (2012). Chapter Two: The Skinsaw Murders. Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition, p. 79. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-436-8
- James Jacobs and Russ Taylor. (2014). Technology Guide, p. 16. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-672-0
- James Jacobs and Russ Taylor. (2014). Technology Guide, p. 17. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-672-0
- Sean K Reynolds. (2014). Brigh. Lords of Rust, p. 72. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-678-2