The Obari Ocean is a massive body of saltwater that separates the continents of Casmaron and Garund, and contains within it many large islands, including Jalmeray and the archipelago of Iblydos. In the north, the ocean connects with the Inner Sea. Its southern boundaries are unknown to most in the Inner Sea region and thus does not appear on all but the rarest of maps.
- See also: Obari Crossing
Trade via ships is common along the coastlines bordering the Obari Ocean, with vessels from distant Vudra being the most common, although occasionally even ships from distant Goka on the continent of Tian Xia are spotted.
The waters of the Obari Ocean are known to be home to several sea serpents. These are seen as signs of good luck by fishermen from Jalmeray, who give them tributes of fish to attract their attention.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 204. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Erik Mona. (Jan 21, 2011). "Re: The Padishah Empire", Paizo messageboards.
- Erik Mona and Jason Bulmahn. (2008). Gazetteer, p. Poster map. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-077-3
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 32-33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Richard Pett, Anthony Pryor, Amber E. Scott, and Ray Vallese. (2012). Mystery Monsters Revisited, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-473-3