|Members||Scholars and tutors|
Source: Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom, pg(s). 8
Almas University is Andoran's premier educational institution, and is located in the North End district of Almas, just north of the Field of Concord. Even though it is technically open to any Andoren citizen, it accepts only a limited number of new students, which means that competition is fierce, despite the significant cost to attend. Felandriel Morgethai is the school's provost, and has held the position for over 100 years.
Subjects of Study
Scholars of the University
Almas University was once under the direct control of the Chelish House Leroung. Even though the university has distanced itself quite significantly from the noble house since the People's Revolt, members of the university still hold the Leroung family in high regard due to their many contributions to academia.
In 4673 AR, Almas University sponsored a research expedition to explore the recently discovered Thassilonian ruin of Sech Nevali in the Hold of Belkzen. The team ran into competition from a similar group from the University of Korvosa, but were eventually able to reach a truce with them. Study of the ancient site has continued these last few decades, but only a small number of researchers now remain, led by the quirky Milithus of Cassomir. Recently, the heads of Almas University are beginning to worry, as they have not heard from the team in months.
- Tim Hitchcock and Jason Nelson. (2015). Andoran, Birthplace of Freedom, p. 8. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-721-5
- Gareth Hanrahan. (2010). Ecology of the Charau-Ka. Vaults of Madness, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-275-3
- Patrick Renie. (2011). Web of Corruption, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. 42. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- Tyler Beck, Jason Garrett, Alex Greenshields, and David Schwartz. (2014). Belkzen, Hold of the Orc Hordes, p. 12–13. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-710-9