|Author(s)||Jim Zub & James Jacobs|
|Artist(s)||Andrew Huerta & Ross Campbell|
|Series||Dark Waters Rising 1 of 6|
|Artwork from Pathfinder 1|
Pathfinder #1, a comic book written by Jim Zub with art by Andrew Huerta and colors by Ross Campbell, was released in August 2012. The issue debuts the Pathfinder comic book series, and features standard covers by Dave Dorman, Erik Jones, Lucio Parillo, and Matteo Scalera, and exclusive covers by Tyler Walpole and Michelle Hoefener. This 40-page inaugural issue includes over 10 pages of character profiles and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game content by James Jacobs, plus an exclusive removable, playable tactical map and poster.
|“||Valeros can rely on only his sword arm and his friends, the mysterious and beautiful sorcerer Seoni and silver tongued quick-witted elven rogue Merisiel, but nothing can prepare him for the dangers that lurk ahead. The scattered and chaotic goblin tribes of Varisia are changing, growing in power and unifying in ways no one has ever seen before. At the heart of this strange evolution is an ancient evil looking to establish itself anew.||”|
Pathfinder 1 features the following characters:
In the woods outside of Sandpoint, Merisiel, Seoni, and Valeros encounter goblins who appear and are acting strangely. After meeting up with their wizard companion Ezren, the group hires the Dwarven ranger Harsk to help them investigate these oddities. Instead they find themselves as the only barrier between a more aggressive goblin force and the sleeping Sandpoint.
- Sandpoint gazetteer
- Junk Beach encounter
- Character stat blocks (Seoni, Valeros, Ezren, Merisiel)
- Pull-out poster / tactical map
|Dave Dorman||Erik Jones||Lucio Parillo|
|Matteo Scalera|| Michelle Hoefener
(Gen Con Exclusive)
| Tyler Walpole|
| Erik Jones
| Matteo Scalera
| Matteo Scalera|
(black & white)
Pathfinder #1 was originally released in 13 different versions, including seven limited editions, most of which served as retailer incentives (rate of incentives to total copies ordered denoted in parentheses when applicable). These seven incentive versions are:
- Authentix Cover: Features a completely blank "Authentix" cover perfect for convention sketches by your favorite Pathfinder artist.
- Dave Dorman Signed Incentive: Features an autographed version of Dave Dorman's Pathfinder #1 standard cover (1/50).
- Dave Dorman Sketch Incentive: Features a unique hand-drawn sketch by Pathfinder #1 cover artist and RPG legend Dave Dorman, and is supplied by Dynamite in very limited quantities to comics retailers at a rate of (1/250).
- Erik Jones Virgin Incentive: Features a "virgin" (no logos) presentation of Erik Jones's Pathfinder #1 standard cover (1/100).
- Matteo Scalera B&W Incentive: Features a black-and-white version of Matteo Scalera's Pathfinder #1 standard cover (1/25).
- Matteo Scalera Foil Cover: Features a beautiful metallic foil presentation of Matteo Scalera's standard Pathfinder #1 cover.
- Matteo Scalera Virgin Incentive: Features a "virgin" (no logos) presentation of Matteo Scalera's Pathfinder #1 standard cover.
- Paizo Publishing. (May 14, 2012). Jim Zubkavich brings Paizo's "Pathfinder" to Dynamite, Paizo News.