|Carrius Stavian II|
|Alignment||Neutral good (formerly lawful evil)|
|Class||Medium 1 or 20|
|Born||4681 AR (age 22)|
|Images of Carrius Stavian|
Source: The Six-Legend Soul, pg(s). 60–61 (1E)
Legends, pg(s). 42–43 (2E)
Prince Carrius Stavian II is the younger brother and heir of Grand Princess Eutropia Stavian of Taldor. Known for his gentle, thoughtful personality, he is considered to be the most eligible bachelor in the Inner Sea region.
Carrius is the only son and second child born to Grand Prince Stavian III. His mother died when he was young and his father was unstable, so Carrius' only family was his sister. The two siblings were inseparable: Eutropia was the only person who could soothe Carrius' mood, and Carrius looked up to her. He had a strained relationship with his father, since Stavian III was paranoid of his children's personality and believed that Carrius would overthrow him.
As the Grand Prince's heir, Carrius lived a curtailed childhood: his only friends were noble children who only arrived at prescribed times and played approved games, and a guard and food taster ensured his safety at all times. Nevertheless, the people of Taldor liked Carrius and believed that he would be a better ruler than his father could.
In 4698 AR, when beating his son over horse grooming, Grand Prince Stavian III pushed Carrius down the stairs of the stable, causing his neck to snap. Stavian III and the only other witness, an Ulfen Guard named Herog Svalkson, insisted that Carrius fell from his horse and held a week of mourning. Stavian then quickly executed Herog and forbade anyone from trying to resurrect Carrius, insisting that his soul belonged to Heaven. Meanwhile, in the Boneyard, Carrius eventually came to terms with his death before being judged and sent to Nirvana.
In 4718 AR, Carrius' corpse was stolen from his crypt, and his soul was dragged from the afterlife back to the Material Plane by the Immaculate Circle, who wished to resurrect him to serve as their puppet. To repair the damage of Carrius' soul, the Circle's leader Panivar Lotheed dispatched night hags to the Astral Plane to steal the astral imprints of six greatest Grand Princes, and used the Soul Crucible to stitch them into a soul that could function as the prince.
Soon after, the six emperors' legends overwhelmed Carrius' soul and took over his body. After being freed from the possession, Carrius stepped back to allow his sister to become Taldor's first Grand Princess but remains her most valued advisor and confidante. Although nowhere near as powerful as he once was while possessed, he still bears a strong spiritual connection to some of the greatest of Taldor's past emperors.
- Thurston Hillman. (2018). NPC Codex. Crownfall, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-64078-015-6
- Alexander Augunas et al. (2020). Legends, p. 43. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-254-9
- Amber E. Scott. (2018). NPC Gallery. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 60. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1
- Amber E. Scott. (2018). NPC Gallery. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 61. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1
- Thurston Hillman. (2018). Crownfall. Crownfall, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-64078-015-6
- Ron Lundeen. (2018). The Twilight Child. The Twilight Child, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-032-3
- Paizo staff. (2018). War for the Crown Campaign Outline. Crownfall, p. 90. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-64078-015-6
- Amber E. Scott. (2018). The Six-Legend Soul. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1
- Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 129. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6