|Titles||Grand Prince; Firstborn of Micheaux; First of his Name, the Bounty Prince|
|Born||5 Lamashan, 4497 AR|
|Died||1 Abadius, 4588 AR (age 90)|
Source: Taldor, Echoes of Glory, pg(s). 3
According to Taldan history, Stavian was the first son of Grand Prince Micheaux the Magnificent and Euphemi Finara. He had five younger siblings who also vied for the throne upon their father's death. After a bloody summer of infighting, he finally took the throne in 4526 AR.
Stavian I married Countess Sutepa Mavrosenus in 4528 AR, fathering a total of 12 children over his lifetime. His third, and oft-overlooked son, Dominus II, ultimately succeeded him due to the death of his eldest child, Gosse, and the exile of his second born Manderval.
Stavian I is best known for initiating the Great Purge in 4528 AR against the church of Sarenrae (known in Taldor as the Cult of the Dawnflower) in an effort to crack down on anyone who might view the enemy nation of Qadira in a favorable light. Within a few months, every temple to the goddess in Taldor had been destroyed, and her priests murdered or banished. Stavian permitted the torture of enemy agents to extract intelligence, and razed entire communities to the ground to drive 'collaborators' from Taldor. In part, this fervour was due to the prophecies of a Sarenite soothsayer who claimed that one of the six children of Micheaux was, in fact, a bastard. Seeing this as an attempt of a foreign power to instigate civil conflict, Stavian declared the faith as treasonous and drove them from Taldor's borders. Despite the deaths of numerous innocents, Stavian saw his bloody acts to keep religious unity as necessary to keep his country strong.
- Paizo staff. (2018). Preview. Crownfall, p. 97. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-64078-015-6
- Mike Shel. (2011). Tomb of the Iron Medusa, p. 31. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Joshua J. Frost. (2009). Taldor, Echoes of Glory, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-169-5
- Amber E. Scott. (2018). The Six-Legend Soul. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 45. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1
- Erik Mona. (2010). Requiem for the Red Raven, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Lyz Liddell. (2018). Spirits of Six Emperors. The Six-Legend Soul, p. 71. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-052-1