|“||Following the desolation of Lastwall at the hands of the Whispering Tyrant, untold horrors wander the woods and roads of the region now known as the Gravelands. Many small refugee settlements are scattered throughout the area, their citizens either helplessly trapped behind enemy lines, or stubbornly hoping that they won’t be noticed by Tar-Baphon’s undead armies.
One such settlement became a new home for a Pathfinder agent—a dedicated member of the Radiant Oath faction—who had been traveling in Lastwall when the nation fell. The agent decided to help those in need rather than flee the Gravelands, and they’ve managed to keep the settlement protected… so far.
Now, with the settlement burgeoning with refugees and the Whispering Tyrant’s forces drawing near, the agent has made a desperate attempt to reach a Pathfinder lodge in Ustalav. They barely made it out alive—and now they’re asking for agents to return to the Gravelands and aid their stranded friends!
Recurring characters, concepts, & locations
The following characters, concepts, or locations can be found in this scenario, but also significantly appear in the publications listed below:
- Circle of Stones (Return to the Grave)
- Evni Zongnoss (Escaping the Grave, Grim Symphony, Prisoners of the Electric Castle, Return to the Grave, Signal from the Electric Laboratory)
- Gravelands (Against the Unliving, Escaping the Grave, Grim Symphony, In Glorious Battle, Return to the Grave, The Tireless Path)
- Horizon Hunters (faction) (A Frosty Mug, Return to the Grave, The Tomb Between Worlds)
- Lastwall (Against the Unliving, Escaping the Grave, The Fall of Plaguestone, Flooded King's Court, From the Tome of Righteous Repose, Grim Symphony, In Glorious Battle, Killer in the Golden Mask, The Prisoner of Skull Hill, Reaver's Roar, Return to the Grave)
- Radiant Oath (faction) (The Blackwood Abundance, The Blackwood Truce, The Burden of Envy, Dreams of a Dustbound Isle, The King in Thorns, Return to the Grave)
- Tar-Baphon (Birthright Betrayed, Escaping the Grave, Flooded King's Court, From the Tome of Righteous Repose, Grim Symphony, In Burning Dawn, In Glorious Battle, Killer in the Golden Mask, Library of the Lion, Lodge of the Living God, Putrid Seeds, Reaver's Roar, Return to the Grave, The Shattered Shield, Siege of Gallowspire, The Tireless Path, Who Speaks for the Ten, Who Wears the Mask)
- Vigilant Seal (faction) (The Arclord Who Never Was, Arclord's Abode, Battle for Star's Fate, Catastrophe's Spark, Dacilane Academy's First Great Prank War, Devil at the Crossroads, Excising Ruination, Flooded King's Court, In Glorious Battle, Killer in the Golden Mask, Linnorm's Legacy, Lost in Flames, A Most Wondrous Exchange!, Negotiations for the Star Gun, Parting Clouds, Prisoners of the Electric Castle, Return to the Grave, Shattering Golden Chains, Signal from the Electric Laboratory, To Seek the Heart of Calamity, The Tomb Between Worlds, Trapping the Hag's Claw, Within the Prairies)
- Whispering Way (Escaping the Grave, Putrid Seeds, Return to the Grave, The Shattered Shield)
The following map products are used in this scenario: