- This article covers the first season of the Paizo Organized Play campaign for Pathfinder Second Edition. For the first Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild season using the Pathfinder First Edition rules, also designated "Season 1", see Season 1 summary.
Season 1 of the Pathfinder Society campaign runs from August 2019 to July 2020. The season is referred to as the Year of the Open Road.
Metaplot and ongoing plots overview
In Season 1, the developers introduced the metaplot by starting with a level 5 pregen-only scenario. The story follows the founders of Pathfinder Society and what became of them. It is recommended that players experience the metaplot scenarios in order. Scenario 1-08 Revolution on the Riverside is not tagged as metaplot but is a prequel to the rest of the metaplot scenarios.
The Origin of the Open Road metaplot
Scenario 1-08 Revolution on the Riverside is not tagged as metaplot but is a prequel to the series.
- 1-11 Flames of Rebellion (Tier 1–4)
- 1-16 Opal of Bhopan (Tier 3–6)
- 1-17 The Thorned Monarch (Tier 3–6, sequel to 1-16)
- 1-20 The Lost Legend (Tier 3–6)
This series is concluded in Season 2 by scenario 2-00 The King in Thorns, a multi-table special scenario for levels 1–8.
Other Ongoing Stories
While technically not meta-plot (they do not carry the meta-plot tag), the following scenarios are linked in setting or theme.
- Gravelands (Tier 1–4)
- Vidrian (Tier 3–6)
- Iobaria (Tier 1-4)
Season 1 releases
This table can be sorted by scenario number, title, level tier, metaplot arc, venture-captain assigning the mission, faction metaplot, location, or country.