|Type|| Magical beast|
|Environment||Warm desert and hills|
|Images of phoenixes|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 227
A phoenix is a near-mythical bird of extraordinary size and intelligence that seems to be composed of pure fire. It is best known for its ability to seemingly resurrect itself from its own dead body. Phoenixes are generally benevolent creatures of great wisdom and learning, and are sometimes sought-out by those seeking advice or knowledge.
Phoenixes are known to exist in Golarion's warmer climes. They are rarely spotted in the hills of the Mwangi Expanse, the deserts of Osirion, Katapesh, and Qadira. The faithful of Sarenrae believe that seeing a phoenix is a sign of great favor from the goddess, and therefore treat the creature with great reverence.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- Using Greek, the plural of phoenix in English transliteration would be phoenices; however, in Ancient Greek mythology there was only one Phoenix so a plural of the title was never needed. Paizo consistently adopts phoenixes as the plural in their publications and that is what we have adopted on the PathfinderWiki.
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 227. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Tim Hitchcock et al. (2010). Heart of the Jungle, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-247-0
- Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, Michael Kortes, Jason Nelson, Russ Taylor. (2011). Lost Cities of Golarion, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-272-2
- Steve Kenson. (2009). In the Shadow of Pale Mountain. House of the Beast, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-160-2
- Brian Cortijo. (2009). Qadira, Gateway to the East, p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-180-0