Source: Guide to the River Kingdoms, pg(s). 50ff.
- This article refers to the River Kingdoms territory. For the Kingmaker Adventure Path issue, see Stolen Land.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
The nation of Taldor made the first major attempt to tame the lands now known as the Stolen Lands. The way was paved by the Fifth Army of Exploration, which made considerable attempts to map and explore the River Kingdoms. The effort was eventually for naught and various ruins and abandoned mines can still be found throughout the Stolen Lands to this day.
Other attempts have been made from various factions over the centuries, whether by Brevoy or nations of the River Kingdoms. Despite the fact that no nation can hold the Stolen Lands for long, the attempts of colonization has caused considerable consternation between all parties.
There is no clear reason why the Stolen Lands has proven so difficult to settle over the centuries but scholars have noted that the barrier between the Material Plane and the First World are unusually thin in the region. Some theorize that this connection has made the area difficult to tame.
Although settlers from Brevoy have made attempts to colonize the land, there is little in the way of economy in the Stolen Lands. The wilderness is waterlogged and provides a limited supply of arable farmland.
The Stolen Lands are for the most part uninhabited, but contain several sites of note.
- Fort Drelev
- The Greenbelt
- Hooktongue Slough
- The Kamelands
- Lake Hooktongue
- Lake Silverstep
- Mount Branthlend
- The Narlmarches
- Thousand Voices
- Tors of Levenies
- The Tuskwater
- Elaine Cunningham, Steve Kenson, China Miéville, and Chris Pramas, et al. (2010). Guide to the River Kingdoms, p. inside front cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-203-6
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs. (2010). Exploration. Stolen Land, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Tim Hitchcock. (2010). Stolen Land. Stolen Land, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-229-6
- Jeff Quick. (2010). The River Kingdoms. Guide to the River Kingdoms, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-203-6
- James Jacobs, Mark Moreland, & F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Kingmaker Player's Guide, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- James Jacobs, Mark Moreland, & F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). Kingmaker Player's Guide, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2010). The Stolen Lands. Guide to the River Kingdoms, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-203-6