|Environment||Any (Elemental Plane of Earth)|
|Images of shaitans|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 143
Shaitans resemble humanoids and appear to be carved from rock, with glossy skin and glittering eyes. When they move it sounds like stone grating on stone. A typical specimen is 11 feet tall and weighs 5,000 pounds. They are stronger than djinn, but not as strong as the other genies. Their powers centre around control of stone: they can burrow through stone, or simply glide through it as if it wasn't there. They can bull rush foes into stone so that they are held fast, and can shape stone to their design. They can also transform one metal into another, although this transformation lasts only one day.
Habitat and society
Shaitans hail from a region of the Elemental Plane of Earth known as the Opaline Vault. This is the seat of their ruler, Sultana Ashadieeyah bint Khalid, who oversees the race's mining operations and trade. They love working with metal and stone, and also love to enter into bargains, particularly those they can twist to their own benefit.
Shaitans are not cruel, but neither are they kind. They tend to be boastful and egotistical, and sulk if their pride is hurt. They dress in as much finery as they can afford, and sometimes use illusions to increase the impression of wealth. They prefer to live in tunnels and palaces carved out of Elemental Earth, but can sometimes be found living underground on the Material Plane.
Shaitan pashas, who comprise about 1% of the shaitan population, rule their race. They can create earthquakes and grant wishes to non-genies.
Shaitans can sometimes be found deep within the Darklands, such as the Orvian Vault known as the Land of Black Blood. Although they command quite a high price, shaitans (along with other genies) can be purchased in the slave markets of the Qadiran city of Sedeq.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs, Jason Nelson & F. Wesley Schneider. (2009). Bestiary. Descent into Midnight, p. 86-87. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- Tim Akers, Judy Bauer, Jim Groves, Chris Lites, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., and Cassidy Werner. (2014). Blood of the Elements, p. 20. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-654-6
- Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary, p. 143. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 153. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2