- This article covers the physical science of stars and celestial bodies. For the occult science associated with augury, see astrology.
Astronomy is the study of the skies and the celestial bodies therein. It is one of the oldest sciences on Golarion, with evidence of interest in astronomy being found in ancient civilizations. Astronomers study the solar system and its contents: the Sun, the planets and their moons, the Diaspora and comets. Beyond the solar system in which Golarion orbits, astronomers also study the stars within their constellations, the Dark Tapestry between the stars, and all other elements within the firmament of the Material Plane.
Astronomy is taught at a number of establishments on Golarion, and there are also many observatories around the world used to practice astronomy. Astronomy is also important within many faiths, particularly among followers of Desna. It is also employed by navigators on ships, who can gain their bearings by the stars' visible position relative to their own.
- College of Dimensional Studies in Katapesh
- The Esoteric Order of the Palatine Eye in Ustalav has an observatory used for both astronomy and astrology in their Haraday Theater in Caliphas
- Observatory Arcanis in Whitethrone
- University of Korvosa in Varisia
- See also: Category:Astronomers
- Athervox, green dragon
- Celeste, lunar naga and ship's navigator
- Gartheris, green dragon
- Majeed Nores, famed astronomer originally from Korvosa
- The Pharaoh of Numbers
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 220. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Chris A. Jackson. (2013). Pirate's Honor, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-523-5
- Chris A. Jackson. (2013). "Stargazer", Paizo Publishing.
- Paizo Staff. (2011). Bestiary 3, p. 197. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Ethan Day-Jones, Jim Groves, Jonathan H. Keith, Andrew Romine, David N. Ross, and James L. Sutter. (2014). People of the Stars, p. 26. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4
- Neil Spicer. (2011). Ashes at Dawn. Ashes at Dawn, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-312-5