The Father of Islands
|Home||Bright-Burning Volcano, Elysium|
|Areas of Concern|| Change|
|Worshipers||Elementalists, natives of volcanic islands, shapechanging druids, storm giants|
|Domains||Chaos, Earth, Good, Weather|
|Subdomains||Azata, Growth, Seasons, Storms|
|Symbol||Volcano with gold lava|
|Sacred Colors||Brown, gold|
Source: Chronicle of the Righteous, pg(s). 26
Where the azata empyreal lord Valani (pronounced wah-LAH-nee) touches the world, verdant land springs forth. His acts teach mortals that although the world is an abundant place fit for man's growth, through nature's force nothing lasts forever; growth requires destruction so good can take root in once-evil soil. He is renowned for his short temper, but many of his peers respect his mastery over nature.
Valani is a muscular, boar-headed, ten-foot-tall figure, with a primate's thick limbs, long dark hair, and ruddy dark brown skin. He wears a crown of spiked grass and purple flowers, and an ornate suit of armor made from shells and obsidian. His expression contorts into awful rage when he is angered. It is said that his laugh can bend trees and his roar of wrath splits the ground under him.
Followers of Valani are travelers and mercurial in nature. There is no formal church but worshipers most commonly congregate on beaches for nightly bonfires filled with dance and revelry. Shell necklaces, often adorned with a pearl in its center, are popular amongst his faithful.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 175. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 234. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Amber Scott. (2013). Chronicle of the Righteous, p. 26. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-506-8
- Colin McComb. (2011). Faiths of Purity, p. 21. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-314-9