|Titles|| Spirit of Abandon|
Host of Delectation
|Areas of Concern|| Freedom|
|Worshipers|| Courtesans, painters,|
the repressed, sculptors, sexual partners
|Domains||Charm, Good, Liberation, Strength|
|Subdomains||Agathion, Freedom, Love, Lust|
|Symbol||Figure with colorful sashes|
|Sacred Colors||Purple, white|
Source: Chronicle of the Righteous, pg(s). 7
(angel, extraplanar, good)
Source: Bestiary 6, pg(s). 110-111
The angel empyreal Lord Arshea (pronounced AHR-shey) is a champion of the repressed and weary, providing mortals deliverance from their bonds. This liberation applies to many of Arshea's worshipers, who often choose to ignore conventional gender identities, eventually choosing one that fits them best.
Arshea is androgynous and has been depicted as both male and female, but in either case, always dressed in many-colored veils of gossamer. Arshea has a perfect face, a lithe body, and wings of gray and blue. Its form is seen as ideal by any species that look upon it, and some claim that those who directly behold Arshea can never be satisfied with mortal beauty again.
Miserable individuals sometimes receive a sign of hope from Arshea in the form of a soft grey feather, jewelled bangle or scrap of gossamer.
Church of Arshea
Arshea is worshipped by artisans, courtesans, some fey, and those seeking to escape repression. They eschew gender roles and often pretend to be members of the opposite sex, which they consider to overcome oppression and understand freedom, choosing the most fitting gender after this period of experimentation. Arshea teaches them to abandon constraining beliefs and practice free love and sexuality.
The Spirit of Abandon's temples are most likely found in artist's studios, burlesque parlors, and dance halls. Arshea's most devout followers endeavor to achieve sexual release daily (either solo or with partners), praise the beauty of the partners and self, and pray to Arshea while naked.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 234. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Amber Scott. (2013). Chronicle of the Righteous, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-506-8
- Robert Brookes et al. (2017). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6, p. 11. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-931-8
- Judy Bauer et al. (2016). Heaven Unleashed, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-828-1
- Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7