|Ruler||First Mother Vassath Shethagri|
|Religions||Desna, Lamashtu, Nalinivati, Tsukiyo, Yaezhing, Yamatsumi|
Source: Dragon Empires Gazetteer, pg(s). 33
One of the largest nations of Tian Xia, Nagajor is ruled by inhuman naga matriarchs and populated chiefly by the serpentine nagaji people. Nagajor is a tropical realm of jungles, rivers, and swamps, and dominated at its center by volcanic mountains.
Nagajor is dominated by the Kullan Dei mountain range, and the capital city of Zom Kullan resides inside a dormant volcano deep within the range. Most of the rest of the nation, which has a tropical climate, consists of wild, watery jungles.
Naga and nagaji have lived in Nagajor for millennia, and while some theorize that nagas migrated from Vudra eastward (either across the Embaral Ocean or through the Darklands), the nagas themselves claim that they instead originated from Nagajor and migrated eastward in ancient times.
Nagajor is ruled by an ophidian matriarchy, meaning that female nagas hold power over the nation and its 25 territories. The head of state is First Mother Vassath Shethagri, a royal naga sorcerer, a direct descendant of many prior naga queens. This matriarchy has remained intact for thousands of years, in part thanks to laws prohibiting any territory from directly attacking another territory.
The vast majority of Nagajor's citizens are either naga or nagaji. Humanoids are considered little more than crude pests and allow the nation's vast stretches of wilderness to dispose of them. What little communication between the naga rulers and foreign humanoids takes place via nagaji servants, who are even more distrustful of them.
- Saif Ansari, Alexander Augunas, Mara Lynn Butler, Michelle Jones, Avi Kool, and Alex Riggs. (2019). Heroes of Golarion, p. 27. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-120-7
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 208. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- Tim Hitchcock and Colin McComb. (2011). Dragon Empires Primer, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-386-6
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8