Source: The Inner Sea World Guide, pg(s). 36
Yixing was an ancient empire of Tian Xia, styled variously as the Yixing Empire or Imperial Yixing, that was founded in -2499 AR and existed through to the 27th century AR. Yixing's founding comprises the Imperial Calendar's first year.
In -997 AR, the Ivory Accord was signed between Yixing and Nagajor, establishing the first pact of peace and trade between the two nations and beginning a more peaceful relationship between humans and the nagaji. Empress Yin of Yixing was their first ruler to grant the city of Goka its status as an independent city state in 326 AR. By the year 520 AR the Yixing Empire had officially spread across the full width of all Tian Xia.
An enormous Yixing junk, the Resplendent Phoenix, docked in Absalom's harbor in 1308 AR, representing one of the first times the people of the Inner Sea region had received visitors from that far-away land. Over 1,300 years later, members of the Yixing court performed the first chadao tea ceremony, a custom that quickly spread across the continent.
The Yixing empire finally fell in 2076 AR after over five and a half thousand years of rule, plunging the continent of Tian Xia into decades of turmoil as nations were created and territories changed hands.
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 15–16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- Owen K.C. Stephens. (2008). Guide to Absalom, p. 54. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-141-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 36. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- Isabelle Lee, Luis Loza, Ron Lundeen, and Jacob W. Michaels. (2017). Heroes of the High Court, p. 24. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-920-2