|Leader||Abrogail Thrune II|
|Goals||Diabolic rulership of Cheliax|
|Images of House Thrune|
Source: Cheliax, Empire of Devils, pg(s). 4
The House of Thrune is an ancient noble house of Cheliax whose adherence to the infernal philosophy of Diabolism long predates the fall of Aroden. Members favored black and gothic designs in dress.
After over 30 years of civil war following the death of Aroden in 4606 AR, House Thrune seized the throne of Cheliax by promising a return to glory and stability, although at a heavy price. The Treaty of Egorian was signed on the 19th day of Calistril, 4640 AR, marking the Thrune Ascendancy and commencement of the reign of Queen Abrogail. Loyalty Day is held each year on the anniversary of the signing the treaty to honor the Thrune Ascendancy.
The Thrune Ascendancy brought changes to both Cheliax and its history. Major portions of Cheliax history prior to that time have been expunged by the agents of House Thrune. New histories are produced every three months and the Order of the Rack have made it their responsibility to ensure that libraries and universities have the most up to date copies, burning the old editions in so called 'clarity pyres'.
The armies of House Thrune are supplemented with the bound denizens of Hell and they remain close allies of the various orders of Hellknights. Nobles from the House of Thrune regularly enter into dark pacts with infernal agents in return for incredible power. Other noble house have followed House Thrune's lead in this practice.
Line of succession
There is no law to limit the line of succession in the ruling House of Thrune and a number of internal factions and clans within the house scheme and maneuver for power, seeking to place their chosen candidate upon the throne. As of 4709 AR, the head of House Thrune, and monarch of the empire of Cheliax was Abrogail II, the sixth member of the house to wear the crown since the establishment of their dynasty.
Monarchs of the Thrune Ascendancy
Dates given below are those of the period of the monarch's rule and the nature of the end of their rule is shown in parentheses:
- Abrogail I, 4640–4672 AR (matricide)
- Antoninus, the son of Abrogail I, 4672–4674 AR (death by poison)
- Terthule, the cousin of Antoninus, 4674–4682 AR (disappeared)
- Carellia, the niece of Terthule, 4682–4696 AR (death by drowning)
- Infrexus, the cousin of Carellia, 4696–4709 AR (death by drowning)
- Abrogail II, current Infernal Majestrix of Cheliax, 4709 AR–present day
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 71. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 4. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6
- James Jacobs, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, Hank Woon. (2009). Council of Thieves Player's Guide, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Jonathan H. Keith, Colin McComb, Steven E. Schend, Leandra Christine Schneider, and Amber E. Scott. (2009). Cheliax, Empire of Devils, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-191-6
- Linda Zayas-Palmer. (2016). "Thrice-Damned House of Thrune". Wrath of Thrune, p. 72. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-824-3