| City of Brass
|| Fommok Madinah
|| Dominion of Flame, Plane of Fire
|| 2,280,000 efreet, 840,000 salamanders, 720,000 mephits, 540,000 azers, 540,000 fire giants, 480,000 fire elementals, 600,000 other
|| Sultanate (overlord)
|| Lawful evil
|| Grand Sultana Ayasellah Mihelar Khalidlah II
|| Grand Vizier Abdul-Qawi, Yndri Ysalaa, the White Mage
| Images of the City of Brass
Source: Planes of Power, pg(s). 37ff.
The fabled City of Brass is the capital of the Dominion of Flame, the nation of the genies known as the efreet, and is found on the Plane of Fire; the efreet themselves call the city Fommok Madinah. It is a city of majestic palaces, tall towers, and wide boulevards that provides some respite to visitors of this otherwise wholly inhospitable plane. Even though many efreet are happy to trade with others, their inherent racial prejudice means that most feel little compunction in taking advantage of, or even robbing and enslaving outsiders who show weakness. Those visitors who can convince the efreet that they are not to be trifled with, or acquire an official status such as trader or diplomat, have access to the grandest markets that the Plane of Fire, and some even say the Great Beyond, has to offer.
Districts of the City
The city is divided into eight quarters, excluding the Great Bazaar, and two major regions: the Inner Ward and the Outer Ward.
Volume 14 of the Pathfinder Chronicles includes a map of the City of Brass and the Plane of Fire immediately surrounding the city, drawn by the famous Pathfinder cartographer, Insitha Avari.
Paizo published a major article about the City of Brass in the Plane of Fire chapter of Planes of Power.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ Nathan King. (2016). Cleansed With Fire, p. 4. Paizo Inc.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur. (2009). The City of Brass. The Impossible Eye, p. 54. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-179-4
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 179. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 241. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Tim Akers, Judy Bauer, Jim Groves, Chris Lites, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., and Cassidy Werner. (2014). Blood of the Elements, p. 26. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-654-6
- ↑ John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Eleanor Ferron, Thurston Hillman, and Jessica Price. (2016). Planes of Power, p. 37. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-883-0
- ↑ John Compton & Mark Moreland. (2013). Pathfinder Society Primer, p. 27. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-534-1