(chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)
Babaus are demonic assassins.1 Their coating of red slime means babau are sometimes referred to as blood demons.2
A babau looks like a thin, horned human covered in a tight-fitting hide of slimy leather. A typical specimen is 6 feet in height and weighs 140 pounds.1
Habitat and society
Babau demons are formed in the Abyss from the souls of solitary killers—not merely mass murderers, but those who killed with deliberation and intimacy.
They delight in well-planned murders and think nothing of waiting in ambush for decades if necessary; such stealth and patience sets them apart from most other demons. They might even adopt a "calling card", typically of a grisly nature, to leave behind at the scenes of their crimes.1
They revere the demon lord Shax as the creator of their race. Shax can create the most powerful of the babau demons by skinning living victims and filling them with the energy of the Abyss.3
Some Balor Lords have the ability to inhale a living creature's soul, killing the victim instantly and transforming its corpse into a babau or other demon of similar power.4
A babau prefers to fight using its teeth and claws, but often carries a weapon such as a longspear to enable it to strike foes that would otherwise be outside its reach.
The slime that coats their bodies is acidic and can damage weapons and injure flesh that touches it.1
In Golarion, babaus can be found in the Tanglebriar swamp in Kyonin, as part of the forces of Treerazer.5
Paizo published a sourcebook about demons called Demons Revisited, which includes a chapter about babaus.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 34. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- ↑ James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 59. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- ↑ Mike Ferguson, James Jacobs, Hal Maclean & Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Bestiary. A Memory of Darkness, p. 78. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-130-5