(chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar, incorporeal)
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 67
Shadow demons are associated with the sin of envy.
A shadow demon can fight with its teeth and claws, and has a number of magical abilities connected to manipulating shadows. They can also blend into any available shadows to effectively become invisible. Perhaps their most insidious spell-like ability is their ability to possess mortals. In a mortal body they are no longer vulnerable to sunlight, but if the mortal body is struck by a sudden burst of powerful magical light, the possessing shadow demon is immediately expelled.
Habitat and ecology
Shadow demons are believed to have once served the demon lord Vyriavaxus. When Nocticula slew their patron, they grudgingly transferred their services to her. Some also serve the demon lord Shax.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- James Jacobs. (2013). Demons Revisited, p. 29. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-552-5
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 21. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 34. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs, Jonathan H. Keith, Jason Nelson, Amber Stewart, and Tanith Tyrr. (2013). The Worldwound, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-532-7